Load Bearing Beam is an excellent way to expand clattered spaces open up the room add new windows to the building.
1. If you already have the plans submit them here for full pricing and work schedule.
2. If you don't have the drawings we can arrange visit from our structural engineer and help you to apply for permit on behalf of property owner.
3. We will purchase the beam on your behalf according to engineer instruction.
4. Full completion certificate will be provided at the end of the job.
Cellar/House Damp Proofing Water Damage Restoration.
Our Team has a wide experience in damp proofing and water damage restoration.
Our experience originates from 1997 when we were involved in an extensive water damage restoration caused by The Great Flood of 1997 in Poland.
Over 10 years in Scotland we managed to expand and evaluate our Polish experience and develop the best methods for Scottish Properties.
Call us conservative but we believe traditional methods are the best and although as any modern builder we sometimes use chemicals in general we don’t believe in any kind of hocus pocus magical dampness remedy injections.
In our opinion proper room ventilation is the best way to have damp free environment.
Of course it’s easier say then done in traditional tenements Edinburgh in pronoun for. But!!! It can be done.
Each property is different and requires unique approach. Like with anything it’s best to explain using example in our case Victorian Flat located in Leith area of Edinburgh.
The flat when purchased by a customer was in a bad state. Inhabited for a long time this basement property was so damp our team had to ventilate it for 30 minutes before we could enter the property.
Half submerged flat suffered from water penetrating walls and entering in to the house. Old plaster on the walls was wet when we started striping it out to reach stone walls.
We addressed this situation with a very simple and proven method.
1. Series of a ventilation corgi ducts was drilled in an external wall.
1. Stud portion with membrane and plasterboard was erected to separate leaving space from external wall.
2. Ventilation ducts were installed at the bottom of the partition.
This method allows for air to circulate between external wall and stud partition providing constant ventilation, removing excessive moisture rather than let it condensate in the walls. The flat is now damp free cosy and full of fresh air.
Contact us to today on 07837437382 to see how we can help you with your property.
Our team has a wide experience in traditional sash and case windows refurbishment and repairs.
Once we assess extend of the damage to the window we recommend the best approach to repairs.
Typically it involves:
- Removal of the sashes and the whole window is overhauled.
- Rotten or missing parts are replaced,
- Broken glass is replaced,
- Windows are rebalanced and reweight.
- Fully draught proofing the sashes.
- Replacing Ironmongery
We can also paint your window. First coat of paint is applied in a workshop with final touches added once window is in place.